Carry me beyond the flowers
Lay me gently on the soft grass
Let me feel that breeze of warmth on my shoulders
Rest your hand against my heart
Feel the part that has been shattered the most
Hear my heart beat within your heart
Call out to me
Tell me something worth listening to
My eyes may be closed
But I promise I’m still here
I’m still listening
Go ahead
Tell me…
You say to me how you dreamt of me during the night
How I was there in your dreams
And when you woke, I disappeared
You say to me how everything used to matter so much to you
But now, everything is meaningless when I’m gone
You say to me how you cried for the first time
Simply because I wasn’t there
You say to me how you longed for my touch
And my presence
You tell me how when you looked up into the sky one night,
You happened to imagine my face right there, surrounded by the stars
You say to me how much you really miss me and love me
I tried to search for something to say
But I couldn’t say anything
I wanted to say how much I loved you back
But for some reason, those three words have been lost from my vocabulary
I keep asking myself why you came back
Why you decided to realize everything now
It was like you read my mind
Because you said to me how everything wrong you did…
Was a mistake
Everything you said that hurt me, were words without meaning
That all the promises you made me
Were words without application.
And that every time you looked me in the eyes…
You never really saw me, but instead, saw right through me
Everything hit me at that moment
All the lies you told, all the mistakes you made, all the promises you never kept
Made me forget how to love you
It’s been so long since I was actually happy
And when you did everything in the world to break me
I shattered
And when I shattered
Your love fell into a million pieces on the ground
Along with my heart
So now
I lay before you in a place of peace
With my eyes wide open
And all I want you to do
Is to look me into the eyes
See me for who I am
And walk away
No comments:
Post a Comment