The other parts of me

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Breakfast Wonders

By: Tammara Sutton

I grimace upon the standards
Exchanging such a gesture of my face
With listless words that
Begin to stack themselves high
Like pancakes on a plate
Pouring the syrup of perspicacity
Upon the fluffy build up of broken phrases
I needlessly choke on the utterance of such expressions
That I hold my heart, hoping to reconcile
The sharp movement of this message
I glance around in such embarrassment
That an indecisive look began to overtake
My simple humiliation
That was of course, complicated by these established
Levels of accepted verbal consequences
I subdued myself to learn a lesson
Within these few minutes of fright and intentional warning
And that lesson was to accept what is accustomed
Or defiantly walk away with no knowledge gained
And I chose the lesson of safety and indifference
And that was to stay and listen
Hoping to further gain insight by “digesting” the unexpected words of life
Or better said “the pancakes dripping in syrup”


MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

No comments:

Post a Comment