The other parts of me

Friday, December 24, 2010

Autobiography

I can’t see what others want me to believe
But I envision how I want myself to be perceived
I’ve been longing for that restitution
From the world’s loss of time, that lack of solution
My body is tired of fighting for the world to understand me
The blind man knows the truth, even when he can’t see
My skin is scarred from the gashes of their lies
But I’m back and I’m still standing, call this my uprise
Rest assured that your beauty will never fade
But what would you do if it had never been made?
At times, these storms have consumed my mind
I’ve lost a part of myself that I never knew, I guess that’s what I’m still trying to find
It hasn’t given me a break since the day that I started
But I knew the reason why as soon as we parted
My heart contains endless plates of steel
And then sometimes I wonder why it’s so hard to feel?
I’ve built myself up so high, even to the sky
I’ve touched the clouds and have gone so far, even to feel them cry
I’ve given them hope for matters that seem the most unwilling
The dreams, those passions, the things that I’m still in the process of fulfilling
I’ve watched every aspect of the world constantly change
It’s been so long that I’ve seen every pattern rearrange
I wish someone would have told me that love wasn’t simple
But it has left such a deep mark in my soul, label it my dimple
So, I suppose life is the puzzle, and we are just the pieces
However, without one, the other’s importance just decreases
On this earth, nothing will ever be new
The hard truth is, is that you will never have a debut
There isn’t enough time to be conceited
You can’t see your face twice, even if everything in this world is repeated
I’ve been longing for some kind of definite understanding
To complete those wondering souls that are so demanding
Everything in my life happens to be so contradictory
I’ve lost without winning, an unannounced victory
At times, they call on me to use my wings
Her voice propels my flight as she softly sings
His warm embrace entangles all of my emotions
Like a witch's brew mixed with all the eclectic potions
Slowly, I make my way into the unknown
Invisible hearts have been neatly stitched together and sewn
I’ve pressed my face against the glass to see my reflection
My flaws have aligned themselves to show my imperfection
In the end, I see the image of man striving towards vanity
And a single dream has raced against time to change humanity


MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

No comments:

Post a Comment