The other parts of me

Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Paragraph

I laugh at the ellipsis
That draws a division between two
Once connected points
I read the same sentence
Over and over
Attempting to understand
A hopeless idea
The point keeps going
Back to what it once knew
Silly.
Worthless.
It should be deleted.
Erased.
The writer entices me
With provoked emotions
From a statement that
Seems to stab at my heart
I, the other point,
Strive to move forward down the page,
Progressing farther and farther away,
From the one point that seems to dwell
In past paragraphs, past pages, past ideas,
Making no changes.
I whirl away in my own thoughts
Arguing for what propels me forward
The writer stops his pen
And I am stagnant.
On the page, I linger.
A single point.
A single statement.
Questioning my existence.
The writer writes.
But I am still stopped.
While the other point,
Seems to fall through the pages
Falling out of his own existence
Falling into fears
Of not being understood
Of not making changes.
I glance.
I think.
But I let it all fall away with him.
Through the pages
Into empty space
I carry on.
Is this the end?
The end of the page that I am approaching?
I want so bad for it to be the end
To know that there is a definite decision
To know that the pages will be shaped by my very meaning
But the writer,
Puts three dots after my point has been made.
An ellipsis...
To show the continual progression of a point
The division has turned into a gap between
The two points,
But the writer makes me go on
For what I don’t know,
But I am bound by this ellipsis,
To go beyond what I used to know,
Into a place of temporary solitude...

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

No comments:

Post a Comment