The other parts of me

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Fate's Supposed Look

I'm not going to keep starting over

To fit fate’s supposed look

Make up couldn’t do the trick

And avoidance could never make it better

Continuous questions linger on the hilltops

Waiting to roll down, further in my love

But I won’t seem to bother

There are those days when life doesn’t seem to budge

A kiss would fade

And my dreams would seem to disappear all at once

As soon as everything comes crashing down

A part of me turns to ashes, and is lost with all chaos

The world seems to stop

And it’s just me alone, having to fix what has been broken

But now my body seems weary, my mind is cold

And those complications just build

The return was much hoped for

More so, depended on, to make everything okay again

But I can no longer run away from what’s supposed to be

What’s meant to be

What has to be

At times, I feel as if I’m fighting love’s monster

All alone…

But how long do I have to be strong,

Before somebody can be strong for me?

But how long do I have to fight,

Before somebody will fight for me?

And how many battles do I have to win,

Before I realize that it will only be the same

Over and over again,

And I must give up

A painful joy lingers inside

An infected wound, if it needs clarification

My expectations are high

For a reason

But maybe I should lower them,

To give myself something real to believe in

The insides are cracking

I’m rushing to seal them up

To seal them up, on my own

But as of lately, I just find myself getting tired,

And covering them away from the light

It’s as if no one can see me

It’s as if I’m not being heard

I place the blame inside of myself,

And watch it slowly explode

A plead,

A cry, this is

An asking of help

But, I know it won’t come

I know it won’t come,

Because I’ve been asking for it ever since
I looked in the mirror,

To fit fate’s supposed look






MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

No comments:

Post a Comment