The other parts of me

Tuesday, May 07, 2013

Infinity


Hold my breath
Count to infinity
All I hear is the silence
Of the heart beating beneath me
The loss of these fabrications
Do not seem to resonate
Dreaming, dreams that only seem
Like realistic allusions
Close my eyes
To spy the darkness that besieges me
I see no one
But that is reality
Loneliness is another image of my sanity
Insanity, I reverse the order of my thinking
Don’t believe me? Well, no one does
I can’t prove the presence of the souls
That swim in my eyes when I’m alone
But I could tell you that the stars have never aligned
That the trees have never swayed
That today would never be tomorrow
But never are the next woulds
And woulds would become coulds
And coulds could become shoulds
And then it all stops
I am left nowhere and somewhere
I’m standing in some sort of swirling
Mass of life that gravity cannot control
These people pull at me
Shoot me
And I fall
And then I stand
And I fall
And then I stand
And then they all disappear
And the next thing I know,
I’m sitting on a white la-Z boy
Telling the shrink,
What she wants me to think
So, next I’m a fabrication of her sanity
Maybe the better word, is of her humanity
And I’m trying to fathom what I cannot be
Because what I could be, is marred by what I should be
Then what I would be, but never what I can be
Because she says I’m living in-sanity, within the world’s vanity
Blinded by the darkness that crowds me
 Still holding my breath, because I’m counting to infinity

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

No comments:

Post a Comment