I didn’t even know you that well
And it seems that I have
Everything in the world to tell you
The words reversely dance from my lips
And hide beneath my tongue
I am speechless
You were like a message in a bottle
You contained all the secrets
That I’m dying to know
But now, you have drifted off
Out to sea
To be found by someone else
Who isn’t me
I remember what you said to me
But your emotions are lost
They hid you from yourself
She buried you alive
Why are you in the center of my grave?
I just can’t seem to understand your purpose
Your touch is so faint now
And your understanding lacks
I will not move any longer
For you have once broken my glass
When you sailed off amongst the sea
I see you everywhere
Except, it’s not really you
But an allusion to you
How could the world stand so peacefully
When I have fires burning within me?
Those red lights flash within the distance,
They always did, but I grew used to them
The nights are weary without you, for you are off to sea
Underneath the water, in a vessel that from which our
chemistry flows
Do you know what I mean by all of this?
Are you aware of the damage that you caused
But yet, the joy that you brought me?
As the trees began to lose their leaves,
You began to gain the knowledge,
Of which would captivate my mind
You captured me
And held me close
But quickly enough, we dispersed from ourselves
And were carried away with the truth of time
The smell of the fire burning within your house
Was familiar
I was the endeavour burning within your significance
And I continue burning
Everything tastes so bland now
And the world looks so still
But calm, yet so very calm
My skin has remembered you
However, my heart has seemed
To have forgotten
For it is bounded to the message floating adrift
In your bottle
Amongst the empty sea
No comments:
Post a Comment